Tuesday, February 10, 2009

dreaming of better days....

It snowed today. It wasn't super bad, but it was enough to almost kill me twice. Well, make my car slide. Unlike many others I'm sure, the only things going through my head at those moments are, "Well let's see, what's the best angle to hit this car in front of me to cause the least amount of damage.." because, if my brakes continue to relinquish their duty of stopping me when i want them to, then collision is inevitable, as Agent Smith would say.
SO, in lieu of (believe me, it took awhile to find the correct spelling) this horrid spritz of precipitation, I've decided to post a moment in time that the weather was brilliant and sunny.
A day without plans or schedules, a day that I simply enjoyed the world around me...

It was around August, September-ish of last year. Carina and I just wanted to get out and take in the scenery and ended up here, Crooked River Canyon, where our trigger fingers itched with desire, giving us only one option, cameras!!

When we first arrived, we were faced with this rather grim sign...



Now, there were many other ways to convey this message, so why did they have to make it so graphic?! ---- I guess it could've been worse. They could've shown a cartoon of what the dog looked like after it landed...

We are both fans of all sorts of architecture, so we were thrilled to have not one, not two, but 3 marvelous bridges to photos at all angles. -- I think this is the only one I got with all three together.



The black one is an old railway bridge, the second is the rendered obsolete one for cars, and the new and improved red one is the current!

But, it wasn't only bridges that caught our eye, (eyes? eyes'?) there was the river of course, and it was beautiful that day...



And I even got the El Frontera del Norte bus to prove it's a bridge....and not photoshopped in or anything..

So, after awhile, we needed to photograph something more...living, you know, stop being so serious and inspirational. So here's what became of that...







'Cobblestone tanning' All the rage in Europe...



Where the two halves meet. Remind me never to apply for bridge construction. I still don't get how it works.



A little movie seepage again...



Once again, we came upon another unnecessarily disturbing sign. Unfortunately for one of us, the warning came too late...



I was extremely upset at Carina for making me take this.



Living life on the edge isn't quite this literal.



and to end the trip, we were haunted with this piece of graffiti towering over us...
Why don't you tell us what it is.

So. there you have it. A wonderful day in place of an otherwise troublesome, blustery one.

No comments:

Post a Comment