Thursday, December 17, 2009

A less than Bona Fide Blog

So my posts have been pretty scattered lately.

Other bloggers always stick to a certain theme, while mine are all over the place ranging from weird illnesses, to tips, to dreaming, to random thoughts.

Due to this unpredictability, I'm going to try and re-align my focus
to my initial purpose of this blog,
which is my love for ART.

One of my many favorite books has long been my inspiration for beautiful design.

Five Fairy Tales: Rapunzel, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast,
Toads and Diamonds, Snow White and Rose Red

Gordon Laite is the artist for each story, and he is AMAZING.

It used to be my mother's when she was younger, but I've (forcefully) claimed it as my own.

So, to learn shading techniques and try abstract sketching, I chose to re-create one of the pages from Rapunzel.



It's a horrible photo, but my scanner is packed away.
I'll post the original later, voila! ART!

No comments:

Post a Comment