Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Chicken Strips and Vogue

I'm not much of a magazine reader, but mom and I had to kill an hour or so at Fred's.
She didn't want to wait a day for her pictures to develop, so we exercised the one-hour-photo guarantee, and got some chicken strips.

Mom did the food shopping while I snagged some mags and headed for the furniture display.
(That sounds so cheap doesn't it? I'm enjoying couches I don't own and reading magazines in the store..)
Anyways, one of them was the latest Vogue issue, featuring Rachel McAdams, one of my faves.
Her interview with Sally Singer was really great. I got a glimpse into Rachel's mind and how real and normal she is. She hasn't bought into the Hollywood fame and fortune gimmick. Acting is her job, (and she's good at it) but she has a life and interests outside of all of it.
It was just refreshing to read about someone 'famous' who isn't overdosing, having an affair, or adopting foreign babies. Go here to read it. Here are the beautiful photos done by Mario Testino.
By the way, if you haven't seen The Time Traveler's Wife yet, do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment