Thursday, June 4, 2009

Start them young.....

Baby showers are always fun, for women anyway. And the only way to make them funner, is if all the attendees( or most of them ) are LOST fans as well...

I'm always trying to think of ways to get the perfect, non-traditional gift, for events like these. I don't like getting typical diapers or pacifiers, I like getting things that are worth remembering.

So, given that this was Lyrica's baby shower, of whose house we would all meet weekly for our LOST ritual...it was only fitting that her gifts would be LOST themed...

This first one is probably my favorite. I forgot to take photos of the real things before I gave them away, so I had to make "paint" versions. I'm such a geek.




It just seemed so studly of an outfit for little Mose V to start life in.
Notice the Security Star Dharma logo, for Sawyer....

It came with some navy blue shorts that i tried to put LOST on the butt. It didn't turn out the way I wanted, but it was still legible.



This onesie was super cute too. There was a cute little sailboat on the front, which fit perfectly.



I really liked this one too. Probably because it took so long and turned out perfect. The "Not penny's boat" is Charlie's handwriting, but I couldn't find just a black and white version of the letters. So, I had to take the picture of his hand, take out the color, and go into "paint" (I'm too poor for photoshop) and slowly but surely erase the hand from behind the letters, leaving the finished product! It was fun, and i felt crafty ironing on all the labels...

Now I have a bunch of the iron-on sheets left over.....:)
So, there will probably be future posts of my new LOST t-shirt creations. My first project will be putting some of my head sketches on one. So excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment