Thursday, June 4, 2009

Morning-mares...

Have you ever had a morning-mare?

They happen in those last few hours of sleep where we're unconsciously aware that it's morning, but physically still zonked out.

Well, this morning, I had such an unfortunate experience.

I can't remember all the details, but here's what I can pull together:

It was a mixture of:It was a mess of getting lost, being found by a gorgeous man, whom I cannot recollect, and ultimately meeting my friend's mother, who was very angry with me.

She wanted me to cut my hair off, why I don't know. But it HAD to be done before the wedding. I thought this was weird since in "reality" this woman loved me and on top of that, adored my hair. So this dream-version of her was just ridiculous.

Dream-mom-of-friend next said she was sorry and begged for forgiveness for her insistence and I forgave her, thinking she was back to her nice self. She offered me her favorite comb to brush part of my hair as she played with the rest....

The next thing I knew, she had sliced through my long locks with some scissors, leaving a jagged, horrifying mess behind. Her evil cackle sounded in my ears as she gloated over her cleverness. In my surprise, she proceeded to cut off the rest with the same lack of precision.

Now, in order to understand the gravity of this horror in my mind, one must know that long hair is kind of a big deal in my family.

We're not those crazies who grow it down to their ankles, or worse...



Samara??

but we all have nice, think hair that we kinda like to show off, a little bit.



I had my very first haircut when I was 10, and it was a traumatic, yet relieving ordeal. Once it was gone, I didn't have headaches and could take a shower in 10 minutes versus 60.....

Gradually, I became more comfortable with hair cutting, but I never have done anything too drastic.
This was as short as I ever went, and it was curled under, making it look shorter than it actually was.



BUT, recently I've been growing it out again, which has taken awhile. So this dream really gave me a fright, as well as frustrated me.

To give you a feel for what I saw in this horrible vision, I found some similar situations:



This is actually quite close. If you have ever seen the film Harriet the Spy (and if you haven't you should, it's brilliant) than just remember the scene where Harriet snips off the lusciously long braid of the girl in front of her. A heartless act to say the least.



Thankfully, my head was safe from buzzin', but I can empathize with his expression...



But, I really felt more like this, and was probably making the same moaning sound as I awoke.

Luckily, my locks were intact. But I checked anyway.

So, save yourself from future turmoil and don't go back to sleep if you wake up too early.

Beware of the morning-mare.

No comments:

Post a Comment